Turkey roulade is the ace you want to keep under your sleeve this upcoming holiday season.
If you are entertaining a big crowd you always want to have a little extra white meat for the people who don’t like dark meat or if you are cooking for a smaller crowd. A roulade is the best way to avoid the lengthy preparation that cooking a full bird involves.
Things you’ll need
- A whole turkey breast
- A sharp knife
- A meat tenderizer
- Kitchen twine
- Roasting pan
What to do
- Put the turkey breast on a cutting board, skin side down. Butterfly the breast without cutting all the way through the meat.
- Cover the meat with plastic and pound with the tenderizer. You don’t want to make it thinner than 1 inch.
- Season the breast with salt and pepper and place the stuffing in the center. Spread it on the turkey breast leaving a 1/2 – inch border all around.
- Roll it to a compact shape, pat and tuck in the edges until you have a uniform log shape.
- Take the kitchen twine and cut 4 separate pieces. Tie up the roast at one inch intervals.
- Put the roulade in a roasting pan, season with salt pepper and oil and place in the oven for 1 hour – 1 hour and a half.
- Once done let the roulade rest for about 20 mins before cutting.