Updated Monday November 2nd, 2020
Given recent events, we want to assure our customers that their health, as well as the health of our employees is our top priority. Strict sanitation procedures regarding food preparation and handling are always of paramount importance at Encore. The following safety protocols have been implemented for our kitchen and home delivery operations to safeguard the health and well-being of our community:
- Mandatory sign-in and health questionnaire screening for outside visitors to the office;
- Enhanced sanitation procedures, including deep cleaning in all high traffic areas and common areas;
- All employees strictly adhere to government-recommended sanitation and social distancing protocols;
- All kitchen staff are required to wear single use gloves and masks while handling food;
- An increased supply of hand sanitizers and personal hygiene signage has been made available;
- Meals are prepared and packed by our senior kitchen staff, including executive chef Brady MacDowell;
- All kitchen staff handling food have a valid Ontario Food Handler Certification;
- We intentionally limit the number of staff involved in the preparation of food;
- All prepared meals are packaged in disposable containers with attachable lids;
- All prepared meals for re-heating are delivered in foil pans with foil lids, ready for the oven;
- All drivers will wear face masks while delivering orders, and will sanitize their hands after each delivery;
- All deliveries are contact-free; our drivers will leave the package on your doorstep or at the concierge and will advise you via text or phone call you upon doing so.
In addition, the following safety protocols have been implemented for off-site events:
- Staff will wear face masks at all times for the duration of the event;
- A mobile handwashing station is brought to every event for staff to wash their hands frequently;
- A satellite kitchen will be set up on-premise in an area that maintains social distancing from guests;
- Modified floorplans / layouts will be recommended to ensure social distancing;
- Encore will conduct a health check of all staff on the day of the event;
- Review of all safety and food handling protocols will be conducted with staff prior to the event.
We are continuing to monitor the recommendations set forth by the World Health Organization (WHO), the Public Health Agency of Canada, Ontario Public Health, as well as local authorities. Encore Catering will continue to be proactive and transparent about our policies and we will inform our clients if any significant changes are made.
The Team at Encore Catering